ARKANSAS COLD AND FUTURE SNOW CHANCES

        Hey Everybody! How's it going!! It is the Arkansas Weather Hawk, here.  I know it's been a nice little while since I've updated the blog.  But sometimes life takes us down the busy road, and sometimes we just don't have time. That has been the case. But as you know we had a really active Secondary Severe Weather Season this fall, as I figured we would.  Well it's almost Thanksgiving, so that being known, it's time to shift our attention from mild Weather and Tornadoes, to cold weather and Winter.  Because here in Arkansas winter has NO PROBLEM, making it's presence known.  I think we've gotten that message Loud and clear over the past few weeks.  Last week we shattered a 20 year record with it being the earliest freeze here in Arkansas since the Year I was born (1993). Winter has moved in and made a rude loud presence.  Since that record breaking day we've had reasonably chilly temperatures here around the state.  With leads me to the question of,  with the cold setting in this early, what will the winter of 2014 be like.? Well two different ways to answer that one,  I don't Know,  and I don't know Yet. Forecasters expect this winter to be cold and  dry. What Arkansas winter isn't cold? But Dry?  I WANT SNOWWW!!!  Well NOAA thinks there's a 50/50 chance of that.  NWS don't know what to think. Individual Forecasters have Varying opinions. I think it will be VERY interesting to say the least.  What about the here and now?? Well it's about get Cold come next week. By cold, I'm talking JANUARY type cold here guys.  Possibly pipe bursting cold in certain parts of Arkansas. And Guess What???  *Dramatic Pause........ There is a disturbance slated to make it's cumbersome way through the state Next Friday or Saturday. Base on the Surface Temperature profiles that I've seen from the NAM, AND GFS Weather Models,  this gives North,  to North Central Arkansas a shot at Freezing Rain or even some Snow next weekend, with  a Cold Rain and a Mixture in Central, and South Arkansas. BUT, People do NOT quote me on this,  take this with a Grain of Salt, because it's 7 days out this WILL CHANGE.  But however Expect the Arkansas Weather Hawk to be all over the Latest news and developments right here on The Arkansas Weather Hawks Blogg. I am The Arkansas Weather Hawk, you guys have a Great rest of your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEVERE WEATHER UPDATE: 4/03/19 Thursday Thunder

First Weather Update of 2016 !!!!!!

Overnight Storms